Case study of a clients GMB after optimizing.
The number one signal for GMB’s is traffic and GMB actions.
The more people who visit your GMB and the more actions they take (call, read a post, get directions etc) the more relevant Google will see your listing.
Optimizing your Google My Business listing or aka your Maps Listing is one of the most important things
you can do to maximize your opportunity to gain more traction in local search.
This is a quick case study of a clients GMB that we applied white hat SEO strategies to help rank
and optimize the results.
Some of the strategies include:
1) Adding relevant location pages to your website in areas where you are looking to rank
2) Upload GEO tagged photos to your listing will help with location relevancy
3) Ensure that your listing is 100% complete (do not skip this step)
4) Add citation listings – a citation is your “name”, “address” and “phone number” cited all of the internet in different directories
5) Put a process in place to increase your Google reviews on your listing
6) Use the “post” feature in your GMB listing to post relevant sales, specials, promotions to your audience
7) Use any call buttons on your website to redirect to your GMB.
8) Use a redirect after a form submit to direct them to your GMB, any action will help with relevance. (like this below)
These are a few strategies that we will deploy depending on each clients ranking.
If. you would like help with your listing, reach out we would be glad to discuss your options.